In this session we are looking at launching pads into realms of new dawn. The Bible says in 2Corinthians 5:17 that if any man is in Christ he is a new creation. Old things have passed away, all things have become new. You are leaving Shiloh grounds with everything becoming new. Among other things, a new dawn is the unfolding of a new era. As a nation we are now entering into a realm where God will begin to unveil new things. In Revelation 22:2 the Bible says the tree of life yielded her fruit every month.
If you and I must partake of the unfolding of a new era we must be armed with certain launching pads. One of these launching pads is the spirit of joy. If you look at this ministry very carefully you will discover that one of the major forces at work that make it easy for us to keep enjoying new things is the spirit of joy. (Isaiah 12:3) And this has always been the case from the days of beginnings, days when we didn’t have any form of musical instruments.When you make a choice to be joyful the devil must respect your choice. -@DavidOyedepoMin Click To Tweet
Now as a commission God has brought us into the realm of praise warfare. Whatsoever wants to steal your joy wants to steal your destiny. Therefore I say rejoice and again I say rejoice. The word ‘joy’ we’re told appears 88 times in the Old Testament and 57 times in the New Testament showing us how important it is. Joy is a choice, it is not a gift. When you make a choice to be joyful the devil must respect your choice. I am not rejoicing in circumstances I am rejoicing in the Lord. (Habakkuk 3:17-19)
The word joy is spelled JOY with J standing for Jesus, O standing for others and Y standing for yourself. If you live life in that order, making Jesus number one and looking out to be a blessing to others you will always be joyful.
Benefits of living a joyful life
1. Joy is a catalyst of divine presence (Psalm 22:3). If there is joy in your heart it will ooze out in praise. And because God inhabits the praises of His people you enjoy divine presence. You know what? When you frown you look ugly. That’s why if you want to take a picture the photographer will ask you to smile. Perform a simple experiment. Take a frowning selfie and a smiling selfie and see which one looks more desirable. If you must be part of the new era that God is bringing us into you need the spirit of joy.
2. Strength. (Nehemiah 8:10). When you’re joyful you receive strength in every area of your life — physical, mental and spiritual strength. (Proverbs 17:22) We see God’s servant every day bubbling with divine strength. He’s involved with everything yet he’s ahead of all of us. That’s divine strength. From today no more breaking down for you spiritually, emotionally and physically.When you're joyful you receive strength in every area of your life. -@DavidOyedepoMin #ANewDawn Click To Tweet
3. Supernatural harvest. Joy guarantees supernatural harvest. We just heard a powerful message on sacrifice. It’s important to note that when you make your sacrifice you need joy to bring in the harvest. Your mouth must be filled with laughter and singing. (Psalm 126-1-6)
4. Revelation. (Isaiah 12:3) One of the major reasons God’s servant is always flowing in revelation is because he’s always joyful. Revelation and access to God’s word come with joy.
5. Healing and health. One major area the enemy is attacking the earth today is in the area of health. One major force that will help us enjoy health is a life of joy. Joy is medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)
6. Joy empowers our intellect for excellence. By contacting the spirit of joy you are empowered to manifest the mind of Christ. (1Corinthians 2:16)
Hindrances to a lifestyle of joy
1. Negative report. (Isaiah 53:1, Numbers 13:30-31). Believe God’s report.
2. Fear. (Job 3:25)
Declare your freedom and liberty from fear. Pray that God should baptise you with the spirit of joy.Joy guarantees supernatural harvest. When you make your sacrifice you need joy to bring in the harvest. -@DavidOyedepoMin #ANewDawn Click To Tweet
Life takes on a whole new meaning when you become a member of God’s family through faith in Jesus Christ. If you have not yet accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, or if you want to rededicate your life to Him, please pray this prayer with the whole of your heart: “Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you in to my life and heart to be my Lord and Saviour. I want to serve you always.”
PS: For further guidance on what it means to follow Christ, connect with us at Living Faith Church or join a community of Christ followers near you. You can also visit GodLife.com to get useful resources and connect with someone to guide you and pray with you.