This Parchment post is an unabridged version of my notes from a message by Bishop David Oyedepo at the opening session of Shiloh 2017 on Tuesday, December 5, 2017. Shiloh is an annual prophetic convocation of the Living Faith Church worldwide. You can find other Shiloh messages here.
One genuine encounter with God is worth more than a lifetime of efforts. In this Shiloh, the word that will never cease to open new chapters will appear to you in Jesus’ name. God says in Isaiah 43:19, “Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.” Things that make news will never stop to happen in your life. God’s mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:23). Your life will never lack new things again.
We are redeemed as strange citizens of the earth. Nobody can tell where we’re coming from or where we’re going (John 3:8, Isaiah 28:21-22). We are redeemed into a world of strange acts; acts that are unbelievable but undeniable (Isaiah 8:18, Luke 5:26, John 20:21). Nobody will have any reason to pity you again all the days of your life.We're redeemed as strange citizens of the earth. Nobody can tell where we're coming from or where we're going. -@DavidOyedepoMin Click To Tweet
Now, this has to be said because only what is preached can be confirmed. Receive it and believe it and it will be confirmed in your life. (Mark 16:20). Receive the word with faith and don’t be a mocker. (Isaiah 28:22). Expect new dawns from henceforth in all areas of your endeavours – in your business, academics, career and various engagements. (Revelation 3:7, Isaiah 45:1-3)
What is a New Dawn? New Dawn is where we continue to experience change of story, from strength to strength and from glory to glory. (2Corinthians 3:18 Proverbs 4:18, 1Corinthians 2:9-11). The things that have not been seen will be the order of the day in your life. (Luke 13:17) God has ordained that something should occur in your favour every year, every month and every day. (Psalm 65:11, Psalm 68:19, Psalm 23:6, Revelation 22:1-2, Lamentations 3:22-23)
You have daily, monthly and annual packages with God. Beginning from today your life will never be at the same spot again. You never miss your daily, monthly and annual packages again. The days of your mourning are over. The days of weeping and uncertainties are over.
How to access your new dawn heritage
New birth is the access of anyone to this New Dawn family. (John 3:3). If you can’t see it you can’t get it. (Genesis 13:15)
It is not enough to be saved one must remain in the faith. When the prodigal son walked away he still had the father’s name but he no longer had access to the father’s riches. You must work out your salvation to make the most of your redemption. (Philippians 2:12) We must remain connected to make the most of our redemption in Christ. God is no respecter of persons..(Acts 10:34)
This Shiloh marks the end of the ups and downs in your life. When you settle with God he will settle your issues. It’s time to settle with God once and for all. It’s not just about starting well, you must also finish well. Don’t turn away from God. The rule of the game is continuity. You must maintain continuity in your walk with God to make the most of your journey. (Luke 22:28)
God says he’s doing a new thing. (Isaiah 42:9) Every word you believe and receive, you are empowered to become. (John 1:12) What you don’t receive can never impact on your life. Until the earth receives the seed it cannot produce fruit. Until your heart receives the truth it cannot produce proofs in your life.Every word you believe and receive, you are empowered to become. (John 1:12) -@DavidOyedepoMin Click To Tweet
In this ministry we have received the truth of divine provision and we have never begged anyone for anything. Jesus asked his disciples: When I sent you out without money or bag or shoes, were you in need of anything? And they said, Nothing. (Luke 22:35) He owns everything. The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts. (Haggai 2:8. So we get our provision from Him. It may look strange but if it’s the truth, it’s the truth.
Shiloh is essentially a feast of the word. (1Samuel 3:21) Every word you catch today delivers proofs tomorrow. The answer to every burning question in this life is in God’s word. God upholds all things by the word of His power. (Hebrews 1:3)
How do I position for an encounter with the word?
Your radio box has every channel but you need to tune in. It’s the same way with spiritual things. God is set to give you an encounter but you have to be positioned for it. No casual approach, be spiritual. Let’s look at a few things you need to do.
1. Be born again. That’s where it begins. (Mark 4:11, 2 Corinthians 5:17).
2. Be desperate for an encounter. Zaccheus was desperate. (Luke 19:1-10). Elijah told Elisha, “You have asked a hard thing; nevertheless if you see me when I’m caught up it shall be yours. But if not, it shall not be so.” (2Kings 2:10). In every service there are ‘catch up’ moments. Only the sensitive and desperate can lay hold on it. No casual approach births the future. Be desperate.
3. Be spiritual. “After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.” (Revelation 4:1). You have to come out of the flesh. (Revelation 1:10) Only men of the spirit can hear from heaven.
4. Be sensitive. 2Kings 2:10
5. Maintain a quiet spirit. You need to be quiet on the inside to hear the still small voice. You cannot afford to be distracted. (1Kings 19:11-12, 1Peter 3:4). It’s not about the environment. You can be maintain quietness within yourself even if your physical environment isn’t quiet. You need to maintain a quiet spirit to receive from God.
6. Be joyful. With joy shall you draw water out of the wells of salvation. (Isaiah 12:3). No complaints, no murmuring. It takes a joyful heart to connect with the joyful sound. (Psalm 89:15). In the midst of all his trials Apostle Paul admonished the church, “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.” (Philippians 4:4). Be joyful at all times and in every situation. (1Thessalonians 5:16, 2Corinthians 12:7-10, Luke 10:21). It takes joy to encounter the word.
7. Walk in the fear of God. The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. (Psalm 25:14) Every word encounter, when applied, makes a star of any believer. (Job 1:1-3, Job 29:4. Job 29:12-13). Job became the greatest of all the men of the east by trading divine secrets. The fear of God gives you unlimited access into the deep things of God. (Genesis 42:18)Shiloh is essentially a feast of the word. Every word you catch today delivers proofs tomorrow. -@DavidOyedepoMin Click To Tweet
All things are accessible through revelation. (2Peter 1:3). Your resources will no longer be wasted to maintain your life! Behind every ordeal of man is the wickedness of the wicked. They no longer have access or legal right over you. You have been translated into another kingdom. As powerful as the United States is, the US Police cannot come and arrest a criminal in Nigeria. That’s the same way it is in the spirit. You are in an entirely different realm. So the devil and his agents have no legal right over you. You are seated far above their domain. You have dominion over them. (Colossians 1:13, Ephesians 2:6, Ephesians 1:21)
It’s not about struggling. It’s about knowing. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. (John 8:32) It is the entrance of the word that gives light. (Psalm 119:130) Just get illuminated by the word and you dominate your circumstances without stress.
The devil only takes advantage of our ignorance to torment us. Revelation is what determines your level. There is no power of darkness that can challenge the authority of light. The weakness of the wicked is in the illumination of the saints. The enemy can only operate in darkness (Luke 22:53). When you’re lighted he can’t stand you because the dominion of light over darkness is instant and incontestable.You're absolutely responsible for the outcomes of your life. Do all you can to invest in your quest for word encounter. -@DavidOyedepoMin Click To Tweet
Remember that you are absolutely responsible for the outcomes of your life. Do everything you can to invest in your quest for a word encounter. Jesus Christ died your death so that you can live his life. (Revelation 1:18, John 14:19, Hebrews 2:14-15) You have the power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:1) You shall be far from oppression. (Acts 10:38, Zechariah 1:21, Isaiah 54:14) I declare in the name of Jesus that new things from heaven will never cease again in your family, business and every area of your life.