I had the good pleasure of being part of the congregation at the inauguration of The StarHub, the youth expression of Daystar Christian Centre on Sunday January 29, 2017. In this parchment post, I have compiled key takeaways from the exhortations given by Pastors Sam and Nike Adeyemi. Please read and share.
Ecclesiastes 12:1-2 (MSG)!
1. Write down your vision of where God is leading you. Don’t fret about getting it exactly right at first. As you grow in Christ God will adjust the vision for you. But you must have a vision. Don’t just go with the flow.
2. You can create your own atmosphere instead of complaining about the situation. Be focused. Tell yourself “I’m going somewhere and it’s somewhere good.”
3. You have to think possibilities and it’s not always about money. Think creativity. Your Creator has given you the ability to create things; the ability to bring things to pass.
4. Nothing is too small to invite the Holy Spirit into. Like Daniel, have an excellent spirit by hooking up to the Holy Spirit in everything. The Holy Spirit preserved Daniel from corruption.
5. You can be smart and spiritual. It’s good to have fun but be spiritual as well. Be a shining example that will attract your peers to Christ. They should be curious to want to come with you.
6. Don’t be ashamed of the Gospel. I’m not talking about carrying a big Bible or a big iPad all over the place, or putting stickers in your bag. The Bible says by their fruits you shall know them. 1Timothy 4:12Whatever gift you have, use it. Not only in church but out there. HT @NikeAdeyemi #MyNewAddiction Click To Tweet
7. Stars shine brightest in the dark. It’s dark out there – darkness of homosexuality, stealing etc. Let the light of Christ in you drive off the darkness.
8. People must know that you have some superpowers, the original powers. Let people know that you are weird and when they come close they see that it’s a good kind of weirdness. Infect the people around you with Jesus. He’s your new addiction.
9. Be an example to other believers. Express your gift. Start right where you are. Your gift of encouragement, your gift of a warm smile – use your gift and God will be so proud of you.
10. Do you have the word of God on your inside? That is what is going to attract people to you because it will keep you bubbling.
11. If anybody wants to have an idea of what God has in mind for the future, the place to go is to chat with young people. Just imagine if God wants to do something in the next forty years, do you think God will discuss it with the 90-year old or the 17-year old?
11. From the moment God gave Joseph that vision everything about him changed. God is investing the future in the dreams that he’s giving you and the people that want to know where to go in life will have to come to you.Jesus is #MyNewAddiction and I will never be ashamed of him. HT @the_starhub cc: @TolaSeedy Click To Tweet
12. When God wants to shape the future, he shapes people especially young people. Any organisation that wants to shape the future recruits young people because the future is with young people.
13. Don’t allow anyone to make you feel inferior just because you’re young. It is not a crime to be young.
14. Between 16-23 you’re in a very sensitive season of your life where a good chunk of your life could easily go to waste if you don’t quickly discern what God has designed for your life and put yourself on that road.
15. We believe that there is a future. We believe that that future can be shaped. It has been created in the invisible world. God has deposited it in people’s hearts in the form of dreams. Those dreams need an environment to grow. StarHub is that environment.
Let me end with this humorous one:
16. I think the most beautiful young ladies in Lagos are here in the StarHub. What do you think? Let me warn you ahead, beautiful young lady. Some guys are going to chase you. I know some of you, they’re chasing you already. You know what you’ll do? Just run to the StarHub. Let them chase you in here. We’ll take care of them for you. OK?You can be young, classy and spiritual. -@NikeAdeyemi HT @the_starhub cc: @Sam_Adeyemi Click To Tweet
So that’s it!
If you know any young person from age 16 to age 23 that is going somewhere, get them to StarHub so they can be groomed for greatness.
Your Turn: Which of the excerpts did you find most inspiring? Share with us in the comments.
Photo credit: The StarHub